Complete step by step instructions on how to manage a real estate property mangagement office
- Get move out sheet and create invoice for all amounts charged to tenants
- Invoice Tenant for all the months until the new tenant moves in if they have broken their lease.
- They are not eligible for their security deposit refund if they did not give 30 days notice before the start of the previous month.
- Issue a credit memo for the security deposit. Check in the chart of accounts that security deposit account is zeroed out
- Call water company to get final bill for water. This is important. Water is billed 3 months in arrears and we need to bill them for the last 3 months. Ask for meter reading.
- Zero out water account. Issue a credit or invoice. Check dates to make sure the bill goes to the move out date.
- Print customer statement and send to collection agencies
- Remove memorized transaction.
- Make customer inactive.